Tuesday 11 June 2013

SHIVA VEST TOP

OMG long time no see! Since the last time I posted I have turned 23 :) I had a fabulous birthday with presents, roses and a hearty brunch of smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels before heading off to one of my all-time favourite places in the WORLD- Margate. 

I could go on and on about my love of Margate but I'm keeping this post short and sweet! Luckily, my birthday happened to fall on a beautiful Spring-like Bank Holiday, gracing Kent with gorgeous sunshine, albeit a bit chilly! There was lots going on dahn in Margz because that Bank Holiday Monday happens to be some kind of traditional day where mods and rockers make their way down to the Kent coast to gather there for old times' sake on either scooter or bike! So as soon as we arrived we were greeted with the sound of live music coming from outside of one of the seafront pubs.

We had a walk around the 'Old Town' which has been transformed in the past ten years from derelict shops into a thriving hub of culture; from teeny art galleries to cupcake and coffee shops to eclectic vintage shops- basically my dream scenario.

ANYWAYS! 

This is what i wore on my birthday!

 Here I am on Margate pier :) In true keeping with the Jumblist Movement I am decked out in secondhand wares. My necklace was 50p from a charity shop in Herne Bay. I love it and wear it all the time to jazz up my outfits when I'm in a rush for work and just want to throw on any old band t-shirt! My wooden hand-painted bangles are vintage Monsoon and I picked them up for £1 for both at Herne Bay boot fair, they have an Ibiza hippy vibe which I love about them.

My vest top was bought from Oxfam Canterbury's 99p basket and I love it to death!

Funnily enough, last weekend I went up to London with my boyfriend for the Brick Lane Art Car Boot Fair, (can you think of a better string of words?!)

And with any London pilgrimage, a quick stop at Oxford Street Topshop is most definitely always in order!

A quick scan around proved most inspirational but wayyyyyy above my budget (and beliefs), so imagine my happiness in coming across this very similar item in the Motel concession...






































...Here's to saving 17 pounds and a lucky penny!

PEACE AND LOVE x

No comments:

Post a Comment